Continuing with the idea of listing every topic of the exam objectives in order to present them as a way to prepare the exam (sort of a personal guide in order to get the certification).
Explain the purpose and application of virtualization technology
- VDI – Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
- Virtual Lab
- On demand Labs and On Demand Applications
- Server consolidation
- Storage virtualization
- Application virtualization
- Best practices
- Pros and Cons of virtualization
- Potential single point of failure
- Increased administrative overhead
- More complex administration
- High initial investment
- Training personnel costs
- Increased network traffic within a single node
- Resource contention
- Increase mean time between failure
- Concerns from shared hardware, shared resources, DOS
- Concerns from timing/interrupt attacks (Encryption) and VM escaping
This is part of the Green IT Technologies and Techniques domain of the certification.
As said before, this is just a list. As soon as each of the lines gets a blog post it will be linked from here.